Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Wait, Wait and Wait Some More

I'm not even going to say it. I’m sick of hearing me and you ought to be too. I don't want to go into the next hurdle that popped up to keep me out of my house THIS weekend. I'll only say that I'm starting to take it personally and unless God CLEARLY tells me He's behind this, I WILL take it personally and I will fight it. I will tell you this much, though. Mr. T's aunt died yesterday and he is off to South Carolina on Friday for the funeral. Nothing within anyone's control and yet...

Yes, I know this makes me sound insensitive, but I am self-aware and I will not lie that once I realized what his not being here meant, I was not a happy camper. I’m trying not to take matters into my own hands but so much because I am the impulsive sort and this is probably part of the answer to that prayer for patience that I keep praying knowing that God answers that prayer by sending things to test my patience. I’ve got to stop asking for that! I also know, from my wise young pastor, that waiting can be an active word if you allow it to be. It always was for me.

One of my co-workers made a comment today that made me feel like she was taking things a bit personally and since the comment had to do with birthdays, a lightbulb went off and I looked up her sign. No, I don't let this rule my life but yes, I do think there is something to it; the similarity among people who are born at certain times can be amazing.

As I looked her up I laughed in agreement as I saw the words "harsh criticism and sometimes cold" used to describe her alleged faults. And even though I've read mine a million times, I don't keep all the adjectives in my head so I looked it up. What did it say were my "faults"?

Sagittarius is the ninth sign of the Zodiac and associated with travel and expansion. Individuals born under this sign are thought to have a dynamic, quick witted, intellectual, ethical, humorous, generous, open-hearted, compassionate, and energetic character, but one which is also prone to pridefulness, impulsiveness, impatience, impracticality, and blind optimism. Sagittarians are said to like traveling, getting to the heart of the matter, freedom, laws and meanings, and the general "feel" of things. They do not like off the wall theories, being tied down domestically, being constrained, cooling their heels, and being bothered with details.


Ha! Yes, the “cooling their heels” part truly resonated. See? I’m not crazy. It’s just the traveler in me who is going mad waiting, waiting and waiting some more. Makes me want to eat something.

But God did give me a consolation prize. The company that was going to put my desk together on Monday (yes, it’s that ridiculously complicated) had an opening first thing in the morning so they are coming tomorrow instead. That does help, God. Thanks.

No comments: