Friday, March 30, 2007

And People Wonder Why....

I heard it on the radio this morning. So I looked it up when I got to work. I found more on someone's blog and now I'm in distress, shocked and yet, not so much. People actually think the world has changed. BS. This is the kind of thing that makes even people like me - Christian, somewhat colorblind (no one is 100% and if they say they are, they lie) - want to hole up with my own and just give the evil eye. Others may do more - and not in a good way - and that's where the issues can arise.

I've got to go in search of an actual news article and see what's what. In the meanwhile the gist is this: 14-year-old black girl in Paris, Texas tried to get into school early and shoved a 58-year-old hall monitor. Judge gave her SEVEN YEARS IN JAIL. Three months prior, 14-year-old white girl burned her parents' home to the ground - PROBATION.

After looking at the blog that seems to have the most detail, I find out this girl is in her second year of jail time. In the words of Nathan McCall - makes me wanna holla.

You can read more here and here. I'm going to go think about what I can do.

1 comment:

Looney Mom™ said...

I'm with you. What's up with that?!? What a shame.