Thursday, August 02, 2007

Waiting Games

This is what I am looking at right now and for the next hour and a half. I took the kids down yesterday, got to my parents house after midnight, took about a 3-hour nap and then my father drove me 3 hours north to Atlanta to catch a 9:33 am flight home. Orbitz called to say the flight was delayed 45 minutes so we stopped to eat. That plane sat on the runway so long they were about to give us jobs. When we got in, we then sat and waited for the gate people to show for so long we were ready to heave ho the apparatus ourselves. So my next plane left sans me. And here I sit book in hand, happy as a lark praising Jesus this did not happen yesterday when my bundles of energy, as one nice man put it, were in rare form. Well, now I get time to think. I think I will enjoy my book.

No comments: