Thursday, July 26, 2007

And The Award Goes To...

You got it. My baby. The closing ceremonies were tonight. After singing, presentations, cultural drum playing, dinner and about five hours, we found out Son had the best book in his group. One of the best rewards was it was not just him. Remember my gang? Most of our kids are at different levels so the daughter of one friend won. The daughter of one of her sisters won and their brother had one of his girls win too. These are my people. They have always been winners to me. You should know the books were judged by people totally independent from the group. It was truly based on their own merit. Son? He got his first trophy and could not get to me fast enough to show me. He was so proud. That was reward enough for me.

1 comment:

Looney Mom™ said...

That is so cool. He does look so proud - and he should be after all the hard work. And of course he couldn't have done it without you! Congratulations to you both!