Sunday, June 01, 2008

Ain't No Mountain High Enough

Nothing will keep me from achieving everything I have been desiring these past few years. That's my feeling and my belief and I keep pushing on.

It's been a hectic month or so, my friends. I have literally been too busy to write and when quiet moments came - like today - I took the time to do nothing.

All the weddings are done. Brides are either on their honeymoon right now or just returned. I wish I could show you pictures but they aren't mine to share in this format. I can only say they were all beautiful and I'm happy for them that this moment in time, as wonderful as it is, is done and they can get on with the business of living their lives with their husbands. Weddings are great but it's the marriage that makes it all so worthwhile.

Son has crossed over in Cub Scouts from Wolf to Bear and he's still loving it so yay for him. His den leader was telling me how many Eagle Scouts she has had come from her group. She says she the toughest of them all but she has been nothing but accommodating and fun and simply a loving, determined person and Son is in wonderful hands with her. I'm happy for him to have a shot at something that could be so beneficial in his life. I won't push him to stay year after year but I do hope he chooses to - even if it does mean sitting on metal chairs from time to time unable to hear what people are saying in their microphones. He's happy. That's all I need to know.

Daughter has had to have 2 teeth pulled because one simply wouldn't budge and another one was coming up behind it and we all learned in Physics that two things cannot occupy the same place at the same time, right? So out they went and she's proud as she can be to be somewhat toothless. They say it's early. She's only 4 and teeth shouldn't be coming out until 5. But both my babies had 2 teeth by the time they were 5 months and were walking at 9 months. So for them, I suppose it's never too early for anything. The dentist warned Mr. T. that her teeth looked crowded and she, like Son, would need braces one day. One day at a time, sweet dentist.

Work has been nonstop but it's work and all I can say about it is I'm still glad to be there. It'll be 3 years this month and I know that is saying a lot. I was at my very first full-time job for 8 years and I loved it for at least 5 of those years so I do know what it is to be happy on the job. It's not my first time but it is my best time and I want to enjoy every moment of it while it lasts. I don't want to work for anyone else after them so I look at this place and this time like I'm on a boat crossing to some foreign land where I intend to make a new life. I can't see the shore yet but it's coming and I expect great things.

My business incubator group has been wonderful. The visions these ladies have for my business and my book...it's great. It's scary but it's great and it's about time. We have a major vending event to do on Saturday where thousands of people are expected to attend. I would love to sell out of everything we have but even more, I'd love to get some orders for custom work and make the kind of money we need to make our website the spectacular place I envision it to be. I don't know what else is going to happen this year but I've been networking like mad and right now I am waiting to find out if we have the biggest job yet coming our way soon. It would give us an opportunity to do the very thing we wanted to do 10 years ago when the idea first blossomed. It could do a lot. Change a lot. We'll see.

And the book? A woman worth millions has agreed to be a part of it. Another one has had her assistant call me so I can tell him about it to share with her. Maybe she'll jump on board. A magazine publisher has passed on the word to some other people who might be good for this and a couple of them are waiting to talk to me about it. In the midst of all this, I have to do a book proposal. Hopefully it will net me an agent to help me keep everything on track but even if it doesn't right now, I've got the help of so many people right now that the agent and/or publisher is only a matter of patience.

And now I need to go do some homework for my incubator group. I don't mind going to work tomorrow but I wish I could freeze time just enough to give me time to think about each thing I am doing and to make some progress on it. Another hectic week, month, summer is ahead. The literacy camp is coming up at the end of this month and those meetings will be starting soon. Then once again I'll be buried in Son's projects.

But I'm getting ahead of myself, as usual. I think right now I'll go look at my sleeping children and remind myself why I am doing what I am doing - to give them an example of persistance; to make the kind of money I need to do the things I want to do for them and all of us now and in the future; to give them a mother who is content with all aspects of her life, even in the midst of changing some of those aspects; to be able to be available for any of them - and for me - at any time. It's so much closer now. I just hope I can handle it when it gets here.

No comments: