Thursday, May 22, 2008

After the Rain

I haven't seen a rainbow in so long I almost forgot to look for one after the rain today. The amazing thing about this state I live in is the number of rainbows I have seen since I moved here 14 years ago. Even having lived a short while in Maryland, another coastal state, I did not see nearly as many. So I was actually surprised to see one today and slowed my driving - yes, I am the risky one - to snap this while I could. It was one you could see from end to end, though you can't see that here. Sometimes the angle and light was just right and the brightness of the colors was mesmerizing. Yes, even while driving.

As I looked at it's fullness, keeping the cars below it in my line of site, I felt a warmth come over me because I couldn't help but think of the awesomeness of God. I mean, how do you look at something in the sky like that and not think of Him? It's a grand sign of love.




It's good for Him to be the King.

No comments: