Saturday, May 27, 2006

I Hate Juiceboxes!


This isn't meant to be deep and meaningful. Just a short rant about juiceboxes and how much I hate them. B.C. (before children) I thought, "What a convenience!" Now, 6 years later, I am so sick of them I can't even describe it.

They litter my living room floor (better known as my MIL's living room) and Son and Daughter (usually Daughter) don't even finish them so it's a waste! Those silly cellophane straw wrappers drive me nuts because you can't see them lying there on the floor. You step on them and hear that mind-numbing rattle that just makes me want to shake the manufacturers of these evil rabbit-like little boxes. No matter how hard I try there is always a straw somewhere, a wrapper somewhere, a half-empty box in some room.

When Daughter is 3, I'll begin to really wean them off these things. You don't see these things sneaking into your life and before long it seems like you can't live without them. When I was their age, I walked to school 20 miles, in the snow up hill, both ways! And there were no juiceboxes! I managed to get through life without them so surely they can too.

Let us try.

No comments: