Sunday, June 27, 2010

Happy Jobaversary!

5 years today - the day of my mother's birth and her wedding anniversary as well. Five years ago I started on the track to doing what makes me happy and feels worthwhile. It's been fast too because at the previous place of employment, the first 2 years were a learning curve. The last 2 1/2 were about as close to hell as I ever care to be. I felt every. freaking. day sloooooowly crawl by, my mind dizzy with confusion knowing what I wanted and yet no so certain I could get there from here. It's easier to make leaps right out of college. Not so easy when you're leaping with a family and, at the time, the hope of homeownership on your back.

But I learned that speaking things DOES make them happen. You have to KEEP speaking it though. And write it while you're at it. Faith is a powerful, powerful force. Stepping out in faith is scary, but so necessary if you do want to get there from here. God conducts the orchestra but there will be no beautiful music from your instrument if YOU don't play it.

And so I play. Happily. And five years later I have more wonderful people added to my repertoire of friends and colleagues and I am as content as ever. I don't know yet when I'll plan my next major move. It's just a blessing to be able to be still and not feel like I have to know right now.

Ah, sweet peace.

No comments: